The Georgia Straight named Vines Festival “Best New Festival”
“This truly grassroots East Van happening shows eco art in every possible manifestation, pushing into the highly conceptual, the performance-art based, and the provocative. The fest, in only its second year, avoids the literal and is full of surprises and wonder. That’s what it will take to wake people to the enviro crisis at hand.”
– The Georgia Straight
WHAT WE DO
- Reconsider how performance is presented by creating on and with the land. Site specific: in architecture and story
- Enliven and disrupt populated public space with artistic offerings
- Community development
- Work in relation to land, people, place
- Build and foster a loving community based on reciprocity
- Utilize art as a method to work toward decolonization and address social issues in relationship to race, class, and gender
- Work towards accessible events that are cuturally diverse; inviting for disabled, gender non-conforming, and low income people; and for all ages.
- Remain nimble and responsive to our community by creating platforms that take care of artists rather than object
GROW VINES FESTIVAL!
Your donation will support the growth of eco-arts in Vancouver.
Vines Art Festival takes place on the unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh peoples.
2325 Franklin Street