FAST RESPONSE ARTIST SURVIVAL AND HEALING FUND
If you have received access to this page it is because we hope you will support us in seeking out artists in our community in need of low barrier, one-time financial support for up to $500.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Artists and community organizers who do not have access to funds for survival and healing.
It does not replace large GoFundMe’s but can be used to contribute to someone’s GoFundMe if it is struggling to garner funds. We prioritize those who are unable to make GoFundMe’s or are struggling to gather funds rather than those who have access to funds via social media.
WHO IS AN ARTIST/COMMUNITY ORGANIZER?
There are no training requirements for this fund. We trust your judgement of who can fit these identifiers. One stipulation is that this funding is meant to support individuals; it is not for funding organizing activities.
HOW ARE THE FUNDS SENT?
Two people from the Propagator/leadership team approve the use of funds. We require the person’s name, email address (for e-transfer) and how the funds will be used.
HOW DO I NOMINATE SOMEONE?
Reach out to someone on our leadership team (see below). You can either provide contact information for the person in need and we will reach out or provide us with the following information and we will send them a payment:
- Person’s name
- E-mail address through which they can receive an e-transfer
- Short description of what the funds will be used for (e.g. rent, dental bill, art supplies, etc.)
PROPAGATORS / LEADERSHIP TEAM
Katia Asomaning, Heather Lamoureux, jaz whitford, jaye simpson, Senaqwila Wyss, Marcelo Ponce, Siobhan Barker, and Adriana Contreras
HOW MUCH CAN FOLKS EXPECT TO RECEIVE?
The capacity of our funding allows us to give between $250-$500 / person. We can support people a maximum of once per calendar year.
WHAT IS IT FOR?
- Fast Response Needs
- Escaping unsafe situations
- Health and Dental Needs
- Health and Wellness and Preventative Support
- Personal Trainer Support or Exercise Class
- Physio/Massage/Chiropractic/Osteopath, etc.
- Tools and Supplies
- Art-making tools and supplies
- Culturally Relevant Training
- Travel to home territories
- Host a mentor
- Funding for a course
- PA System, tents, tables, chairs
- Recommendation Letters and References
- CV and Bio support
- Grant Writing Support
- Navigating health and wellness supports
GROW VINES FESTIVAL!
Your donation will support the growth of eco-arts in Vancouver.
Vines Art Festival takes place on the unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh peoples.
2325 Franklin Street